The Westchester County Parks Department looks for well-trained and enthusiastic EMT’s to provide emergency medical care at Rye Playland Park during our highly anticipated summer season. We have an exceptional and diverse staff that operates in this high pressure and ever-changing environment. As a New York State certified BLSFR agency, Westchester County Parks EMS operates with every level of sophistication as would a BLS ambulance, in a First Response capacity. With all the tools needed at your fingertips, you are the driving force in making a difference to those requesting your aid.
- Provide exceptional emergency medical care to those who become sick or injured within Playland Park including but not limited to the amusement park, and the beach and pool.
- Respond swiftly and professionally to emergency calls at any time while on duty
- Staff the First Aid Office while also patrolling the park and rending care in any location
- Work closely with Westchester County Police, and Park management and employees
- Well written patient documentation with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to do routine repetitive work with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must be a NYS Certified Emergency Medical Technician;
- Must have a valid CPR certification recognized by an accredited healthcare agency;
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret patient dispositions and provide treatment;
- Must have the ability to work independently and as member of a team;
- Must possess excellent customer service skills;
- Exemplary skills in interacting with pediatric patients
Hours: Flexible – 8:00 AM – 12:00 Midnight
Start Date: April | End Date: September